25 Mar 06/20/10 Focus on the Father (Sunday Service Archive)
BOND Sunday Service, June 20, 2010: Jesse Lee Peterson reads a biblical passage (Malachi 4: 5-6) talking about the need for fathers. Mothers turn children away from their fathers. But kids naturally love their fathers, even if they’re weak men. For those who feel the need to hate one parent or other, it’s best to hate the mother rather than the father. Do not hate anyone, but if you hate your father, you are cut off from God. However, if you love your father, who represents the son of God on earth, you have a chance to overcome hatred.
This meeting took place on Father’s Day 2010, the day after our Men’s Conference that year.
Throwback Sunday Services premiere on BOND YouTube channel Wednesdays at 4 PM US Pacific Time (7 PM ET).
- 0:00 Welcome to Church
- 0:41 Return to fathers
- 4:20 Fathers vs mothers
- 12:07 Wife becomes daughter
- 15:22 Love-hate addiction
- 16:34 Protected from truth
- 17:47 Mothers vs fathers
- 19:36 No reason to hate
- 22:45 Be honest with self
- 23:58 Children yearn for fathers
- 28:13 If you gotta hate…
- 31:04 Good men are a light
- 33:32 Hate the mama?
- 35:24 Kids naturally love the father
- 37:38 Father represents good
- 38:13 Mother represents bad?
- 39:08 Man the source of good?
- 49:20 Children love their fathers
- 51:39 Don’t hate your father
- 54:22 People comfortable hating
- 55:01 Support BOND
Church with Jesse Lee Peterson is live every Sunday 11 AM U.S. Pacific Time at BOND in Los Angeles. Watch/listen online or join us in-person. Doors open at 10:30 AM. Church streams 11 AM through 12:30, Pacific Time. https://rebuildingtheman.com/church
Contact BOND to schedule counseling, set up monthly donation, order books, or join our mailing list: Call 800-411-BOND (1-800-411-2663) or office 323-782-1980, hours Mon-Fri 9-4 PT (Los Angeles). https://rebuildingtheman.com/contact
LISTEN LIVE on Jesse Lee Peterson’s radio player during Church on Sunday