25 May 07/28/13 Fear and Love (Archive)
In anger, you have fear and are easily manipulated. People hate the truth that Trayvon was a thug. Have love and don’t sugarcoat the truth.
BOND Archive Sunday Service, July 28, 2013: Jesse Lee Peterson asks the people who has fear, and who has love. You can’t have both! Jesse describes hateful backlash to his comments to Piers Morgan on CNN that everybody knows that Trayvon Martin was a thug. Even Christian black pastors cursed Jesse out, accusing him of being paid, and then turning around and saying they’d “pray for him.” Jesse tells his story of anger resulting in fear and blindly following false black leaders. Deceivers don’t care about you; they manipulate you!
Over the years, well-meaning people have tried to get Jesse to soften the harsh truth he tells. But Jesse shares his message the way God gives him to say it. Frederick Douglass said the best thing to do for the negro is nothing. Let them build themselves up.
One Hispanic man resented Jesse calling Trayvon a “thug,” because he too has resented “racial profiling.” He’s been followed and discriminated against in stores by whites and Asians. He assumes the same happened to Trayvon, and feels Jesse’s given George Zimmerman a “pass.” But black Americans and Hispanics have not corrected their young people who’ve established a bad reputation. Have understanding, and don’t be so easily manipulated. Nobody using this incident to stir outrage and gain influence has any love for Trayvon Martin or you.
Jesse closes with a quote stating that fear is based on lies. As Christians, we should overcome trauma, and not follow the crowd, nor divide-and-conquer incitement. God makes a way. Show love.
- 00:00 Sun, July 28, 2013
- 04:21 Can’t have fear and love
- 05:47 JLP: All knew Trayvon a thug
- 08:41 JLP’s story: Anger, fear, lies
- 15:38 JLP: Too harsh with the truth?
- 18:04 Feedback: Sugar-coated truth
- 20:43 JLP: Frederick Douglass: Do nothing for us
- 24:47 JLP: I tried saying it more nicely
- 26:54 JLP: To blacks: Love whites or nobody
- 32:27 Feedback: Save brother or Al Sharpton?
- 33:49 Feedback: Plain truth grabs attention
- 34:39 JLP: My words seem like love; suffering
- 38:07 JLP: You don’t have to suffer
- 39:43 Feedback: Giving Zimmerman a pass?
- 40:50 Feedback: Calling Trayvon a thug
- 42:00 Feedback: Whites and Asians profiling
- 43:21 Why resent? I’ve faced discrimination
- 45:13 JLP: Understanding suspicion, manipulation
- 51:42 JLP: Wake up, people! No love for Trayvon
- 52:38 JLP: Fear is based on lies, no truth
Throwback Sunday Services premiere on BOND YouTube channel Wednesdays at 4 PM US Pacific Time (7 PM ET).
Church with Jesse Lee Peterson is live every Sunday 11 AM U.S. Pacific Time at BOND in Los Angeles. Watch/listen online or join us in-person. Doors open at 10:30 AM. Church streams 11 AM through 12:30, Pacific Time. https://rebuildingtheman.com/church
Contact BOND to schedule counseling, set up monthly donation, order books, or join our mailing list: Call 800-411-BOND (1-800-411-2663) or office 323-782-1980, hours Mon-Fri 9-4 PT (Los Angeles). https://rebuildingtheman.com/contact
LISTEN LIVE on Jesse Lee Peterson’s radio player during Church on Sunday