Today’s education system is largely focused on imparting specific knowledge to students so that they can hopefully survive in the world, and possibly get a job in the future. In contrast, The BOND Leadership Academy prepares students to think for themselves.
They are taught not only how to get a job, but also taught how to create a job, or a business, or an independent trade. Our students are also taught life skills, to help them not just survive, but thrive in our ever-challenging world.
- A special emphasis on the conceptual understanding of problems, as well as providing students a solid foundation, so that they will have an easier time with more complex forms of math
- Examples of foundational math are: fractions, decimals, long division, and critical thinking problems.
- Frequent mental math speed drills to ensure students’ brains are fully engaged on a daily basis.
- Read texts from a variety of backgrounds (fiction, non-fiction, historical documents, poetry, song lyrics, etc.) that encourage students to think about the world they live in, understand people they read about, and form their own conclusions.
- Daily lessons give students a solid base in proper grammar in order to develop excellent writing and communication skills.
- Stimulating writing prompts students to express themselves on a wide variety of topics.
- Students present classic prose and poetry from memory in front of a crowd, developing poise and presentation skills.
- In-depth discussions about movies shown in class, as well as texts read in order to stimulate critical thinking skills and foster a student’s ability to form his own opinion.
- Frequent trips to a special children’s/young adult library so that students can select reading materials.
- Emphasis on scientific principles in operation.
- Student-conducted experiments demonstrating principles of leverage, lift, power, etc.
- Understanding of natural elements, their purpose and uses.
- Field trips to view science in the real world.
- Special emphasis on teaching accurate American and World History
- Study and analysis of the documents that influenced the Founding Fathers, including the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.
- Multi-media education on the critical turning points in American history.
- Class discussions on both sides of issues so that students will understand the arguments.
BOND LEADERSHIP ACADEMY TUITION
$250 Monthly/ or $2,000 Annually (9 Months)
Tuition includes all courses of study, including our Satellite Courses and Special Classes.
Homeschoolers are welcome to sign up for our weekly Special Classes (Ethics/Apologetics) for just $100 per class, per year.
PROGRAM TEMPORARILY ON-HOLD: Contact BOND if you are interested in helping or participating in BOND Leadership Academy. 323-782-1980