03 Aug Forgiveness: How Do You Go from Agreeing to Believing?
How do you go from agreeing with “forgiveness” to believing and actually doing it? Jesus said: because you claim to see, your sin remains.
BOND Archive Sunday Service, October 13, 2013: Jesse Lee Peterson relays a question: How do you go from agreeing with forgiveness to believing into it so it actually works? People say they see their anger, and realize they should forgive, but can’t seem to let go! They trip out suddenly: Unforgiving people are unhappy and lonely. They’re afraid; they’re defensive when embarrassed. In John 9, Jesus told the Pharisees: If you were blind, you would not be guilty. But because you say you can see, your sin remains. In John 5, Christ said: I can do nothing of myself.
- 00:00 Sun, Oct 13, 2013
- 00:56 How to believe and forgive?
- 05:56 Agree but can’t do it?
- 12:45 Tripping on short notice
- 14:34 Unforgiving, unhappy, “lonesome”
- 17:51 One lady looks at herself
- 20:36 “I’m not there yet”…brings on fear
- 23:50 Don’t embarrass me!
- 25:00 Jesus to the “seeing”: Your guilt remains
- 32:51 Christians like the Pharisees (John 9)
- 37:12 Seeing means your healed
- 41:58 Man can’t forgive; faith not in wife
- 48:38 Wife speaks
- 51:20 Knowing but not doing forgiveness
- 53:40 If not living it, do you know it?
- 57:01 God takes it out
- 59:08 John 5, Jesus: I can do nothing
Throwback Sunday Services premiere on BOND YouTube channel Wednesdays at 4 PM US Pacific Time (7 PM ET).
Church with Jesse Lee Peterson is live every Sunday 11 AM U.S. Pacific Time at BOND in Los Angeles. Watch/listen online or join us in-person. Doors open at 10:30 AM. Church streams 11 AM through 12:30, Pacific Time. https://rebuildingtheman.com/church
Contact BOND to schedule counseling, set up monthly donation, order books, or join our mailing list: Call 800-411-BOND (1-800-411-2663) or office 323-782-1980, hours Mon-Fri 9-4 PT (Los Angeles). https://rebuildingtheman.com/contact
LISTEN LIVE on Jesse Lee Peterson’s radio player during Church on Sunday