02 Aug The Death of Truth in America | Archive 8/3/14
Do you see good and bad things about yourself? Who’s killing the truth? Why don’t you speak up in the right way?
Archive Sunday Service, August 3, 2014
- 00:00 Exploring Your Faith Hour
- 00:24 Rachel sees things about herself. Good/bad?
- 03:51 Do you see yourself?
- 05:54 I’m not a bad guy; mistreating women in the past
- 09:04 Anything good about you?
- 10:17 Humor / clowning so wife lightens up
- 12:22 JLP story: voice / swollen face, doctor
- 15:45 JLP: I can’t see anything good about me
- 18:25 JLP: The Death of Truth in America
- 25:50 Q: Who is killing the truth?
- 29:02 Why don’t we stand up for truth?
- 30:22 You can get fired for telling the truth
- 31:24 Politics is theater
- 32:54 We the people let it happen
- 33:08 JLP: black history, American history
- 34:18 JLP Jesus story: Gospel of Thomas
- 36:00 Q: What’s Thomas’s message?
- 40:09 JLP: “Easier” silent than speaking up (examples)
- 44:43 JLP: Deny truth, deny Christ (pearly gates? Go back)
- 46:36 Thomas feared consequences for others
- 47:13 Lady: Don’t have to say Jesus; cancer feel-good story
- 49:20 JLP story: Speaker phone with uncle ruins family party
- 51:27 JLP: Fear of speaking up. Person of fear tries to stall.
- 52:38 I’m not there. Apprehensive, traumatized by the past
- 54:59 A time to be silent, be wise
- 55:23 JLP: Deceiver lies to mind. Know God’s voice.
- 58:13 Support BOND and truth, be united, love God
MUSIC: “Changes” (unreleased track) by Jon Parfitt / Bright Lights
Stephen A. Smith Apologizes for Telling the Truth! (2014)
PODCAST by BOND Substack https://rebuildingtheman.substack.com
Church fellowship at BOND Sunday 11 AM PT (1 CT / 2 ET) – rebuildingtheman.com/church