27 Sep What’s the Purpose of Having Faith in God? | Archive 9/21/14
Building a solid foundation: The purpose for faith in God, that He fights for you. The average Christian has no faith. Keep eyes on yourself, and let go.
Archive Sunday Service, September 21, 2014
- (00:00) Pre-Service intro
- (00:33) Solid foundation: Purpose for faith in God?
- (02:35) Woman: Man lets you down, not God.
- (04:17) Are you over your anger? Upset like Jesus
- (08:14) Faith to remove anger: A long time, not surrendered
- (13:12) Hope for salvation: Gave up pot. Flickers in darkness
- (21:25) Easy questions, hard to answer; Relationship with God
- (25:32) No faith after all. Do you keep His commandments?
- (28:24) (JLP story: Lady hung up on radio show)
- (31:04) Keeps me from suffering. How? Brainwashing
- (35:32) Psalm 91: 9-11 Defeat our enemies, temptation, challenges
- (40:24) Faith without works is dead: Average Christian lacks faith
- (42:40) It’s good to read the Bible sometimes; Purpose of faith
- (44:43) “Get yourself out of the way of God.” Learned Christianity
- (46:37) Surrender, do nothing: So weird, so real
- (47:02) Mark 9: 23 All things are possible to him who believes
- (48:31) Dictionary definitions don’t work for the Spirit
- (51:50) Ego does not want to be exposed: Know you don’t know
- (54:37) Keep eyes on self: God fights for you. Let go of knowledge
- (59:38) Closing: Wake up to truth. The lie is winning
MUSIC: “Changes” (unreleased track) by Jon Parfitt / Bright Lights
PODCAST by BOND Substack https://rebuildingtheman.substack.com
Church fellowship at BOND Sunday 11 AM PT (1 CT / 2 ET) – rebuildingtheman.com/church