19 Nov Impression of Mothers; Sit Still; Israel-Palestine? | Church 11/19/23
Who gave you your impression of your mother or grandmother? A husband should correct his wife in front of the children. Thoughts on the Israel-Palestine war?
Church with Jesse Lee Peterson, Sunday, November 19, 2023
- (0:00:00) Pre-service small talk
- (0:01:54) Old BQ: Who gave your impression of mother/grandmother?
- (0:06:04) Another man: Used to love, now hate mother/grandmother
- (0:08:10) Why not let it go? Do you think it’s you?
- (0:21:19) Stop telling yourself you love your hell.
- (0:24:43) More BQ answers: Mother/grandmother
- (0:33:20) “Pop her in the head?” (How do your kids see you?)
- (0:41:04) If mother pops son in the head, should husband pop her?
- (0:45:38) JLP: A husband should correct wife in front of child
- (0:46:40) Did you do the assignment? Sit still for four minutes…
- (0:50:22) Peaceful, always on phone, then thoughts, anxiety
- (0:51:50) Sean, Nick, Hake, young women
- (1:01:00) JLP on BQ: Grandmother really nice, spoiled me
- (1:02:30) Human beings don’t follow instructions. (Assignment)
- (1:11:23) Women’s Forum, who wasn’t here? Y’all need a whoopin’…
- (1:12:52) What do you think of the war in Palestine with Israel?
- (1:19:21) JLP on Judaism and Christianity vs government, fighting
- (1:31:18) Disagree? They don’t believe in Christ! Where is the love?
- (1:41:04) Children of God are not supposed to be taking sides. (Radio?)
- (1:47:49) Do you think God cares? (Closing)
PODCAST by BOND Substack https://rebuildingtheman.substack.com
Church fellowship at BOND Sunday 11 AM PT (1 CT / 2 ET) – rebuildingtheman.com/church
Old Biblical Question: Who or what gave you the impression you have of your mother and/or grandmother? — (Leftover from last week Church 11/12/23)
Last week’s assignment: Sit still for four minutes and watch the thoughts…
Thoughts on the Israel-Palestine War?
NOT COVERED: Current Biblical Question: Have you ever and can you ever solve a non-practical problem by thinking about it?
TIME STAMPS (Extensive)
- (0:00:00) Pre-service small talk
- (0:01:13) Welcome to Church
- (0:01:44) Old BQ: Who gave your impression of mother/grandmother?
- (0:05:54) Another man on his mother/grandmother: They were beautiful, strong women.
- (0:08:00) Why not let it go?
- (0:08:50) (1a) JLP: Do you think the anger you have is you? You want to be angry at them? How are you choosing? (0:10:27) Why would you blame yourself for something you want to let go of? You’re choosing to be angry, afraid, lonely
- (0:12:11) Yet another man advises he observe…
- (0:13:31) JLP: Does it make sense you want to be at peace…? “I go hard on myself…”
- (0:14:15) (1b) “You say take responsibility and accountability for our actions…” I don’t say that!
- (0:15:41) The first man, Anthony: He needs to suffer. He knows it’s not him. The second man: “Maybe it’s me playing God…”
- (0:19:53) Talk
- (0:21:09) Stop telling yourself you love your hell.
- (0:23:20) (1c) It’s not you at all. All human beings are possessed. You’re agreeing with the Devil if you take responsibility for it. (0:24:06) Taking responsibility is for practical things, not for the Hell that’s in you.
- (0:24:33) A third man on the Biblical Question: My impression of mother/grandmother, good, I guess…
- (0:27:39) The first man, Anthony: Did you see your mother as bad or good?
- (0:28:11) A fourth man (I had a nanny!) Her intentions were good. Now I see her as crazy.
- (0:30:18) His wife, raised by mother and grandmother… We grew up Bible Thumper Christian in middle school. My mom let us listen to KIIS FM, thought she was cool. My dad would correct her a lot. But when my grandmother came around, my mom acted just like her mom. I was the “rebel,” and didn’t care what she said.
- (0:33:10) (2) Wife: How do your kids see you? If he cussed at me I’d pop him in the head. (0:34:35) Would you pop her in the corner or in front of the son? (0:35:55) Does it make sense…? “Domestic Violence”
- (0:39:00) Another wife… (0:39:30) (2a) Are you speaking in tongues?
- (0:40:54) (2b) If mother pops son in the head, the husband should pop her in the head? (0:41:30) A pop is a check! How will she learn?
- (0:43:10) I’ve never popped my kid. These are just thoughts. If you do, you agree husband should?
- (0:44:49) Another lady: Should he pop you?
- (0:45:28) (2c) JLP: A husband should correct the wife in front of the child.
- (0:46:30) Did you do the assignment? Sit still for four minutes…
- (0:50:12) It was peaceful, I’m always on my phone, then thoughts, anxiety
- (0:51:40) Sean, Nick, Hake, young women
- (0:58:32) It was horrible… Franky didn’t time it.
- (1:00:05) Raymond… What thoughts you had? Coward
- (1:00:50) (3) JLP on BQ and Assignment… Grandmother really nice, spoiled me, let me have my way, to an extent (my cousins were jealous). Always thought of my mother as mean. I’d always be nervous to talk to her about my father.
- (1:02:20) (3a?) Human beings don’t follow instructions. (Assignment) See you’re not the thoughts.
- (1:04:59) Feedback: People want to impress… why? What’s the point?
- (1:05:30) (3b?) JLP… talking with man from Florida…
- (1:08:52) (3c) JLP: Never, ever, ever ASSUME …
- (1:09:20) Feedback Q: Let no man teach you.
- (1:11:13) Women’s Forum, who wasn’t here? Y’all need a whoopin’…
- (1:12:42) What do you think of the war in Palestine with Israel?
- (1:17:35) “Let me ask another white woman, and then a Jew.”
- (1:17:52) “Let me ask a Jew. I love the Jews.”
- (1:19:21) (4) JLP: Everybody asking me about it. An employer and employee fighting, one lady was on Tucker Carlson’s show. … When I was growing up, Christians and Jews were tight. … It was not about the government, but now the gov’t has people fighting … An employee should never badmouth an employer. …
- (1:25:00) (4a) Christians are taking sides, only because they hate the other side. … We’re supposed to be about love… You can’t be in the world and of it, if you want to be free! (1:27:53) It’s time to lay your weapon down. The world is hell. It’s about the religion, the spiritual aspect.
- (1:29:21) (4bc) People are fighting over what color was Christ! (4c) There were children whose heads were cut off, or massacred or whatever! Then you’re emotional! God burned ‘em all! It’s not you, it’s the hell that’s in you. You’re still identifying with the world
- (1:31:18) (5) -1:36:30ish Disagree? They don’t believe in Christ! (Anthony, Hake…)
- (1:33:25) JLP: Dumbest statement! Where is the love in that?
- (1:35:30) (5a) Do you think Christ and God care that people rejected them?
- (1:36:18) Isn’t that the same as saying all the migrants are coming for a better life? We’re a Christian nation? No. We were.
- (1:38:15) Rachel speaks…
- (1:40:29) Raymond…
- (1:41:04) (5b) Children of God are not supposed to be taking sides. Work on you. God got you! You won’t be pulled into those things. … If you’re in the darkness with them fighting, calling yourself love, how will that help?
- (1:42:43) I disagree with that, the idea we don’t take sides… if somebody comes in my house, I take a side with my family. Evil’s going to be able to grow…
- (1:47:49) (5c) Do you think God cares? … (Thanksgiving food today) They want you in their hell! Do the Silent Prayer and watch.