20 Dec You Can’t Change Yourself | Archive 11/24/13
Only God can wake you up. But you prevent seeing with anger, ego, and knowledge. Oprah lied to her followers! Romans 13: 11-14 — Wake up!
BOND Archive Sunday Service, November 24, 2013: You cannot change yourself. Only a few ever do change. //
Jesse Lee Peterson tells of counseling with a woman in her 60s who at first denied resenting her mother. But then she admitted to trying not to be like her; she failed! She was surprised by the truth that she needs to forgive a man who assaulted her. She accepted this upon hearing it, unlike many — ready to stop suffering. // Jesse tells another story of counseling with a father and son. //
We are possessed by a spirit passed down from our parents. We are not ourselves. // Even adopted children yearn for their real fathers and mothers. The father represents Christ. // Don’t make up what you believe your root issues are. Let God reveal it. // Men have difficulty accepting that they’re faking manhood, that they act like women. //
The ego runs deep and wide: Famous black woman Oprah Winfrey told a damaging lie that impressional blacks who look to “leaders” believe. Anger is encouraged among blacks, while the youth commit assaults on whites, without regard for others. // When you’re born again, you overcome false identities with race or gender — you see the spirit driving people. //
It’s unfortunate that people learn and repeat true things from the Bible and preachers; it builds people’s ego, holding them back from being born again. // Romans 13: 11-14 urges people to wake up, and stop sleeping. Get away from licentiousness. //
- 00:00 Sun, Nov 24, 2013
- 05:30 People can’t change. Rarely do they.
- 08:00 One man’s working on himself.
- 12:51 Story: Counseling with an older woman
- 18:27 No reason to be angry: Forgive the rapist
- 20:33 Some get it. Some haven’t suffered enough?
- 21:21 Counseling father and son
- 24:02 Sin: We are possessed
- 24:57 You can’t fix yourself. No Bible, psychologists, effort…
- 27:04 Adopted children want their real parents
- 29:06 Spiritually, we need to connect with earthly father
- 29:50 When to tell kids they’re adopted? When they start asking.
- 30:46 Man can’t see
- 31:57 Don’t make up stuff
- 32:37 Let God reveal it.
- 34:14 Men can’t accept they’re women
- 34:59 The ego runs deep…
- 35:34 Example: Oprah’s lie to black people
- 42:56 Worse than animals!
- 43:41 False identity with race
- 44:34 False identity with parents
- 45:39 When born again, you see the spirit driving people
- 49:42 Q: Big deal whether from mom or dad? Adam and Eve…
- 51:28 A: Unfortunate you’ve intellectually learned “the truth”
- 56:13 A: We’ve been harmed by teaching the truth.
- 56:46 Romans 13: 11-14 – Stop sleeping. Wake up.
- 57:49 Give up all you know. Stop talking. Observe. Let it be revealed.
We Can’t Change Ourselves. But There Is a Way.
SUBSTACK https://rebuildingtheman.substack.com (See this post on Substack)
Church fellowship at BOND Sunday 11 AM PT rebuildingtheman.com/church